As I began writing this post, I was adding the usual pictures and cute little captions but as I did, the nature of my feelings about this post changed.
On this Mother's Day, I find myself in a different frame of mind. Having a child taught me many things, but being the mother of two girls has both humbled me and focused me as to what is truly important in life. This Mother's Day I don't find it important to have my husband or children celebrate me and my work as a "mom" (although they did a great job of it today) but I find it to be an opportunity to reflect on how very fortunate and grateful I am to be Mommy. I'm still learning how to best juggle housework (so much more than just vacuuming), kid-time, being a good spouse, and me-time and I'm thankful for Derek's patience throughout. I'll get the right balance soon I hope. But I digress...
What I really want to say is that as I post these pictures, I realize how blessed I truly am to have the opportunity to TAKE these pictures of my family and that these are the "everyday" moments of my day. And how grateful I am that this man and these sweet, sweet girls love me so much. That is all I need. This family is precious to me and I am the one who should give thanks this Mother's Day.
My everyday (in no particular order):



1 comment:
Okay - you should have warned me! 23 Kleenexes later! You are the best mom! I love you so much!
Post a Comment